FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. - April 13, 2023 - PRLog -- Lineus Medical is proud to announce its selection into the 2023 Fuel Accelerator Program. The Bentonville, AR based 12-week program is an enterprise-ready accelerator that matches seed and growth-stage tech startups with key enterprise partners in order to accelerate the adoption of tangible healthcare technology solutions. With over a hundred applicants, Lineus Medical was selected as the only Arkansas based company, and only one of two US based companies to join the 8 companies in the 2023 cohort:
- Ainnovatech – San Jose, Costa Rica – empowering health care with an AI platform detecting diabetic retinopathy and other retinal diseases with high accuracy in seconds, discovering diabetes and preventing blindness.
- Gheorg – Sydney, Australia – a virtual character using AI-enhanced therapy to help children 7-12 years old improve their emotional intelligence and mental well-being, as well as improve emotional awareness and social literacy skills.
- Glooma – Braga, Portugal – works to detect breast cancer at an early stage, with a medical screening device connected to a mobile app that monitors and simplifies the breast self-exam.
- Lineus Medical – Fayetteville, Arkansas – a developer of cost-effective devices that relieve patients' pain experienced with an additional needlestick, empower nurses, and lower the overall cost of healthcare, including SafeBreak Vascular, the first FDA-cleared breakaway device for peripheral IV lines.
- MatchRite Care – Kansas City, Missouri – delivers a patient's personal health records from multiple sources and locations in a simple format, leveraging patient insights, integrations, streamlined I.T. systems, and analytics.
- Momentum Health – Montreal, Québec – empowering families, patients, and care teams to remotely manage scoliosis with technology to monitor spine curvature, track changes over time, and measure progress over time.
- Nytia Labs – Waterloo, Ontario – developing a data-driven preventative care platform that lowers the impact of chronic diseases at workplaces and in our economy by providing community health insights to guide policy changes.
- Zemplee – Los Gatos, California – works to improve the quality of life for elder adults using our strategically placed AI-powered sensors and devices to help caretakers and family members verify an individual's health, well-being, and safety remotely.
Vance Clement, CEO of Lineus Medical stated, "We are very proud to be recognized and chosen to participate in the 2023 Fuel Accelerator. Lineus Medical has had immense growth already this year, and we plan to continue growing through the connections with new hospitals and healthcare leaders that the Fuel Accelerator can provide. We have a great product, SafeBreak Vascular, that is designed to separate and protect peripheral IV lines when a damaging force is placed on the line. The Fuel Accelerator should help us jump start some business opportunities with hospitals in Northwest Arkansas."
SafeBreak® Vascular is a break-away connector that is designed to reduce the failure of peripheral IV lines and the negative cascade of events that occur after an IV is pulled out. Peripheral IV dislodgement is shown to occur 11% of the time according to the clinical literature and represents a cost of more than 5 billion annually in the US healthcare system.3, 4 When excessive force is placed on an IV line with a SafeBreak installed, SafeBreak is designed to separate and offload the force and protect the IV. Valves on each end of SafeBreak close upon separation to stop the flow of medication from the IV pump and to prevent blood loss on the patient side of the line. The SafeBreak separation will cause the IV pump to alarm, which alerts the nursing staff to check on the patient. The separated SafeBreak can be removed and a new sterile SafeBreak installed in a matter of minutes.3 This saves the nurse time, the hospital money on supplies and medicine, and most importantly saves the patient from an additional needlestick required with an IV restart.
ABOUT LINEUS MEDICAL
Lineus Medical is the developer of a unique, patented, break-away IV technology that is being designed to work with a variety of medical tubing. Dislodgement of feeding tubes, IV lines, urinary catheters and any other type of medical line could be prevented by the device breaking into two pieces, and therefore protecting the patient's medical line. The company's first product, SafeBreak Vascular, connects to standard IV tubing and reduce IV failure1, which occurs 46% of the time according to the clinical literature.2 More information about Lineus Medical is available at www.lineusmed.com.
1Panza, G.A., et al., A New Force-Activated Separation Device for the Prevention of Peripheral IV Restarts. Journal of Infusion Nursing. 2022;45(2): 74-80.
2Helm, R.E., et al., Accepted but Unacceptable: Peripheral IV Catheter Failure. Journal of Infusion Nursing. 2015;38(3): 189-203.
3 DIPPER Study
4 Data on file
MKG-0189 REV 00
Photos: (Click photo to enlarge)
Read Full Story - Lineus Medical Chosen to Participate in the 2023 Fuel Accelerator Global Health Tech Cohort | More news from this source
Press release distribution by PRLog