All eyes are now set on the much-awaited date of 10th October 2021. Why? Because on this date, India’s toughest exam, the UPSC Prelims 2021 will be held across the country to filter out and select the best candidates for the next round of selection for India’s most reputed and sort after Civil Services.
As the exam date nears and the anxiety levels in the UPSC aspirants’ community are on the rise, SprintUPSC, a well-known book-chapter wise practice platform by DeepLearn Solutions Pvt. Ltd., founded by PEC Alumni, Chandigarh, suggest how the candidates should cope up with this pressure and prepare well in these last few days.
Team SprintUPSC feels, keeping these few points in mind can give an aspirant that polished edge over the others in this demanding competition:
1. The candidates should not try to grasp and learn new topics that they haven’t read to date. The only exception to be made to this rule is in current affairs, in which the UPSC tends to ask questions even from the events that have happened just a few days before the exam too.
2. The aspirants should devote time to revise thoroughly all they have learnt until now. A good way to revise is through practice tests, and SprintUPSC App comes to the aid of the users perfectly here because, unlike the standard fixed mock-test series, the users can practice book-chapter and topic wise on the App by creating custom tests as and when they like.
3. While revising, the candidates should strike down the subjects/books/chapters/topics that they have covered and practised. Not only this helps track the revision progress, but it also helps to boost their confidence level and lower their anxiety. Revising and progressing in a calm way is equivalent to putting one’s best foot forward, without losing one’s cool. It increases the power to think and take the right decisions.
4. The UPSC aspirants should analyse every practice test and then revise accordingly to ensure the weak areas that they learnt are covered and the strong areas are strengthened. Directionless revision may not be quite fruitful, and SpritUPSC gives a great measure of subject-wise as well as overall performance scores that can help the users understand their pain points and strong points and study, revise and practice accordingly in the remaining days.
5. The candidates should not be disheartened in case they are getting low scores in the mock tests or other practice tests. This is the time to reflect on what is going wrong. At times, it is just a candidate’s anxiety that is not letting them perform well even when they know the answers. The same can happen in the exam too, so this is the time to practice calm as well. They should take a pause, tell themselves they have worked very hard, analyse the cause of the low score - which could range from careless mistakes, marking incorrect answers even when they thought of the correct answer, not reading the questions properly as to what exactly was asked, etc. So, all this only needs a careful revisit, and most of the problems will be solved. Soon they will see an improvement in their performance, and they can very well do well in the exam too. This time that is left, they just need to learn from the mistakes they are making now under pressure, so that the same are not repeated on the exam day.
6. The IAS aspirants must ensure that they have revised the latest two years’ current affairs notes up until 15 days before the exam.
7. Last but not least, the UPSC candidates must remain confident and not doubt themselves. They should keep reminding themselves that they have worked really hard, now all they have to do is go out there and do their best!
On SprintUPSC UPSC/IAS Practice Test Platform, aspirants can –
- Create unlimited tests Book-Chapter/Topic Wise
- Create Current Affairs tests Month-wise
- Schedule Tests as per their personal study timetable
- Attempt free previous years papers
- Take Free Daily Challenge
- See All India Ranking on the Leaderboard
- Analyse Subject-wise & Overall Performance Score
- Raise support tickets to get doubts resolved by a team of expert faculty
Download App Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.sprintupsc