Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced that Follett School Solutions, SIX Group, ZTE Corporation, and Elo are transforming their IT infrastructure and embracing DevOps methodologies by adopting Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform as their enterprise Kubernetes solution of choice. These organizations, spanning each region, are representative of how customers around the world are embracing Red Hat OpenShift, the industry’s most comprehensive Kubernetes platform.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform unites developers and IT operations on a single platform to build, deploy, and manage applications consistently across hybrid cloud infrastructures. This helps businesses achieve greater value by delivering modern and traditional applications with shorter development cycles and increased efficiencies. The platform is built on open source innovation and industry standards, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Kubernetes, and is trusted by many companies around the world.
Organizations taking advantage of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and Red Hat’s broad portfolio of container and Kubernetes-based solutions to more rapidly create, host, and scale applications across hybrid and multi-cloud environments include:
- Follett School Solutions, the largest provider of preK-12 educational materials and technology solutions in the United States and a major supplier to education institutions worldwide, needed to modernize its software development and deployment processes. During the search for a more agile solution, Follett was drawn to Kubernetes, the open source container orchestration platform for automating application deployment, scaling and management, to support their new pipeline and container strategy. To take full advantage of these capabilities in a high availability configuration, Follett chose to deploy Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform as the foundation of its application environment, as OpenShift is the leading enterprise distribution of Kubernetes. Additionally, by pairing Red Hat OpenShift together with Red Hat Ansible Automation, Follett can develop, deploy, and manage applications more quickly and with greater ease than previously. As a result, the company can make customer-requested changes and launch new learning applications to schools more quickly.
Europe, Middle East and Africa:
- SIX Group, a Swiss financial services provider, selected Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform after conducting an evaluation of competitive solutions and proof of concept with Red Hat. Together with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP), the company is using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform to implement a DevOps strategy and take advantage of new application architectures like microservices and containers in order to bring innovations to market quicker.
- ZTE Corporation is a leading global provider of integrated communications solutions, including voice, data, multimedia, and wireless broadband. To help network operators and enterprise clients in more than 160 countries navigate the ever-changing communications industry, ZTE is building an integrated Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offering that can adapt to different integrated communications technology (ICT) scenarios. Key to the foundation of this PaaS offering is ZTE’s collaboration with Red Hat, combining ZTE's experience in network functions virtualization (NFV) with Red Hat's experience in IT and the open source community. Together, ZTE and Red Hat are working to promote development in upstream communities such as Kubernetes, OpenShift and OpenStack, and eliminating the gap between upstream communities and NFV scenarios, ZTE can better prepare for industry changes—particularly the shift to the new 5G telecommunications standard—as well as take advantage of a more flexible technology and a collaborative DevOps approach to build and deploy products faster.
- Elo, a Brazilian card brand created as a joint venture by the three leading Brazilian banks and an existing Red Hat Enterprise Linux customer, Elo implemented Red Hat Openshift Container Platform along with Red Hat Ansible Tower and Red Hat Satellite to support its digital transformation efforts. The company has since automated its deployment process and adopted a DevOps culture, reducing the time associated with deployments by 98 percent.
Ashesh Badani, vice president and general manager, OpenShift, Red Hat
“Globally, we see organizations turning towards digitally transformative technologies like Linux containers as they seek to deliver enhanced business value faster and drive differentiated service offerings to their customers. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform helps enterprises take advantage of the innovative technologies necessary for developing modern applications and services while maintaining a stable and more secure environment, driving transformation without disrupting existing operations.”
Anderson Agapito, infrastructure manager, Elo
“When we began our digital transformation story, we looked to Red Hat because their products fit our needs as well as having the added benefit of Red Hat support. Since implementing Red Hat solutions we have been able to adopt a DevOps culture that allows us to reduce deployment time and get services to our customers more quickly and efficiently.”
Jerry Thome, architect, Follett School Solutions
“Moving to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform was a key component in our overall strategy to deliver software better and faster to our customers. With OpenShift, we are able to scale applications based on demand in minutes, better handle load and use resources more efficiently. The platform has enabled us to reliably run and manage our containerized applications so we can focus on solving the next set of problems for our customers.”
Dave Brupbacher, head global IT operations, SIX Group
“The Red Hat solutions we have deployed are key to modernising our infrastructure and to implementing the DevOps strategy that will determine our digital future. Our central aim is to bring products and individual functions to market much faster and in a highly-automated way, whilst maintaining outstanding quality.”
Minghe Zhao, chief engineer, PaaS Platform Research and Development,
“As an open source pioneer, Red Hat offers great technical strengths combined with extensive influence in open source communities. Combined with our telecommunications expertise, working with Red Hat makes for a perfect collaboration for ZTE.”
Additional OpenShift Resources
- Learn more about Red Hat OpenShift
- Join the OpenShift Commons community
- Learn more about OpenShift Commons
- Read the OpenShift Commons Blog
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Get more news in the Red Hat newsroom
- Read the Red Hat blog
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
- Join Red Hat on Google+
- Follow Red Hat on LinkedIn
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to provide reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As a connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to the ability of the Company to compete effectively; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; delays or reductions in information technology spending; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; fluctuations in exchange rates; the effects of industry consolidation; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; changes in and a dependence on key personnel; the ability to meet financial and operational challenges encountered in our international operations; and ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Red Hat, the Shadowman logo, JBoss, OpenShift and Ansible are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Kathryn Lucas, +1 703-663-1634