March 28, 2017 /3BL Media/ - Put simply, environmental disclosure makes sound business sense and now more companies than ever are disclosing to CDP. Start the journey to managing the risks and opportunities presented by climate change, water management and deforestation.
Join G&A Institute in collaboration with CDP for a free webinar to learn more about the value of responding to CDP's questionnaires and get the answers to your questions from our experts at CDP and G&A Institute.
- Simon Fischweicher, Manager, Disclosure Services, CDP
- Hank Boerner, Chairman & Co-Founder, Governance & Accountability Institute
- Louis Coppola, EVP & Co-Founder, Governance & Accountability Institute
- Emily Newton, Sourcing Manager, FMC Corporation
- Bridget Realmuto, Senior Research Associate, Domini Impact Investments LLC
- Thursday, March 30, 2017 @ 11:00 AM EST
FACTOIDS ABOUT CDP
- Globally, nearly 6,000 companies representing responded to CDP in 2016.
- Bloomberg terminals feature CDP data, scores and rankings in the Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) section, which gets some 718 million data hits per month.
- CDP has minimised the disclosing burden on companies by aligning the climate change questionnaires of CDP, GRI and the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
- 87% of companies responding to CDP identified business opportunities and are taking action to address climate risks.
- 67% higher return on equity for companies that respond to CDP than their non-responding peers.
- $53bn worth of savings identified by companies responding to the CDP climate change program.
KEYWORDS: Education, Governance & Accountability Institute, CDP, Carbon Disclosure Project, Corporate Social Responsibility, sustainability reporting, esg, environmental social and governance, Louis Coppola, Domini Impact Investments, climate change, water management