Arconic Corporation (NYSE: ARNC) (“Arconic” or “the Company”) has published its 2020 Sustainability and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report. The report, which can be downloaded from the ESG page of the Company’s website (https://www.arconic.com/esg/), underscores the Company’s commitment to its core Values in achieving its sustainability and ESG goals.
“As you read through our 2020 Sustainability and ESG Report, you will recognize that advancing the health and safety of our employees, the environment and communities where we operate are critical priorities of Arconic,” said Chief Executive Officer Tim Myers. “We are committed to living our values, cultivating an inclusive and diverse culture that advocates for social equity, and conducting business ethically and with integrity, so that we can continue to grow and deliver sustainable value to our key stakeholders.”
The report was prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative Standards: Core Option and Sustainability Accounting Standards Board Standards, Metals and Mining Standard.
Highlights of the Company’s ESG achievements in 2020 include:
- Total Recordable Incident Rate was 0.95 and decreased by 23% compared to 2019
- Days Away, Restricted and Transfer Rate decreased by 3.5% compared to 2019
- Greenhouse gas emissions decreased by 13.8% compared to 2019
- Energy consumption decreased by 11.9% compared to 2019
- Freshwater withdrawal decreased by 8.0% compared to 2019
- Landfilled waste decreased by 6.5% compared to 2019
- Added two more ASI certifications for operations located in Köfém, Hungary, and Bohai, China
Inclusion, Diversity, Social Equity
- 37.5% of our global executives (vice president or higher) are female
- 21.2% of our U.S. employees and 20.2% of our U.S. executives (vice president or higher) identify as members of minority groups
- $7.1 million granted to nonprofit and community organizations in eight countries by Arconic Foundation in 2020
- Perfect score of 100 in the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index
- More than 2,000 actions recorded by Arconic employees in support of inclusion, diversity, and social equity
About Arconic Corporation
Arconic Corporation (NYSE: ARNC), headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of aluminum sheet, plate and extrusions, as well as innovative architectural products, that advance the ground transportation, aerospace, building and construction, industrial and packaging markets.
This release contains statements that relate to future events and expectations and, as such, constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements include those containing such words as "anticipates," "believes," "could," "estimates," "expects," "forecasts," "goal," "guidance," "intends," "may," "outlook," "plans," "projects," "seeks," "sees," "should," "targets," "will," "would," or other words of similar meaning. All statements that reflect Arconic’s expectations, assumptions, projections, beliefs or opinions about the future, other than statements of historical fact, are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results may differ materially from those indicated by these forward-looking statements due to a variety of risks, uncertainties and changes in circumstances, many of which are beyond Arconic’s control. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the risk factors summarized in Arconic’s Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2020 and other reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The statements in this release are made as of the date of this release, even if subsequently made available by Arconic on its website or otherwise. Arconic disclaims any intention or obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether in response to new information, future events, or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.